Monday, November 30, 2009

Update! Thankfulness!

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found many things to be thankful for. We have so much to be thankful for! Koen is doing so well! He's been very happy, had tons of energy, eating well and is gaining weight. We couldn't be more thankful for the healing of Koen! He has his fourth shot of vincristtine today. I'm really praying he handles going back to the hospital okay. We haven't been there since the 21st. It's so weird because is has only been 9 days since we've been there last. It seems like forever ago. We can't believe this fight against cancer is getting closer and closer to the end. At the start of this 4 months ago it seemed like a long forever journey ahead of us. So that brings me to another thing to be thankful for! It has only been 4 months and will only be 5 months from start to finish of Koen having cancer. His last treatment will be Dec. 24th. Man what a Christmas present, and he will be declared cancer free then too!! We'll have one more clinic appointment sometime in January and then another in 33 months. See how much we have to be thankful for! I am so very thankful that Koen was so brave and strong and fought hard against cancer. He's so unbelievable strong and I couldn't be more proud of him! I am also so very thankful for all of you that have prayed for Koen! He couldn't have made it through this fight without all your prayers! THANK YOU!! I don't know how I can get a cross to all of you how Thankful I am for all of you. I know I couldn't have made it either without knowing there were so many of you standing behind us. I am most thankful for my heavenly Father! He is the one that truly gave Koen a second chance, the strength to fight this fight and the peace for us as parents. I hope you all had a Blessed Thanksgiving like us!

There is Thanksgiving pictures on our family blog, please feel free to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment